Welcome to PHIMA
Members of the Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (PHIMA) are committed to maintenance and improvement in the quality of health information for the benefit of patients and providers. This is accomplished by coordinating exchange of information for clinical, research, and financial reimbursement purposes, seeking constantly to protect confidentiality of health care information and provide continuing education for health professionals.
PHIMA is a component state association of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). AHIMA is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals worldwide. Serving 52 affiliated component state associations and more than 103,000 health information professionals, it is recognized as the leading source of “HIM knowledge,” a respected authority for rigorous professional education and training.
Call for Speakers – 2020 PHIMA Annual Conference
Attend the 2020 PHIMA Annual Conference for FREE!
The Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (PHIMA) is pleased to announce its Call for Speakers for the 81st Annual meeting to be held April 27-28, 2020.
We are looking for energetic and, enthusiastic speakers wanting to share their expertise with other HIM professionals at our annual meeting, an audio conference or even via a webinar. We want to hear from you! If you are selected to present at the annual conference, your registration fee will be waived for the day you present.
The topics of interest and expertise we are seeking include, but are not limited to:
- Coding and Classification/POA/RACs
- ICD10 Post Implementation
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Programs
- Data Quality Management
- Health Information Technology and eHealth
- Health Information Exchange
- Population Health Management
- Electronic Health Records: Project Management, Successes and Challenges
- Legislative and Regulatory Initiatives: Meaningful Use/Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Joint Commission, Department of Health, Core Measures, etc.
- Release of Information, eDiscovery, Privacy and Security
- Non Acute Topics (Long Term Care, Rehab, Psych, Ambulatory)
- Data Analytics
- Information Governance
If you are interested in providing a presentation to our membership, please visit our speaker’s bureau and complete the submission form.
NOTE: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE IS November 1, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Dilhari DeAlmeida, Co-Education Chairperson at email@example.com or Angela Rose, Co-Education Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Linda McLinden, PHIMA Executive Director via email at email@example.com