Reporting to the Director of Health Information, the Assistant Director will be responsible for the supervising of health information staff.
- Supervises Health Information staff in their day-to-day work activities. Consistently guides, directs and counsels staff members regarding work performance, problem solving and decision making ability.
- Assists in development of department goals and objectives, including productivity monitoring. Assists Director in formulating policies and procedures of the department and ensures proper implementation. Effectively communicates changes in policy, procedure and other matters to staff and provides feedback from staff to Director.
- Develops and maintains a coding audit process in conjunction with a physician query process.
- Conducts performance improvement studies in the absence of the Director.
- Assists in evaluation of personnel in performance appraisals. Makes effective recommendations in matters of hiring, promotion, discipline and termination.
- Answers request for information according to the release of information policies and procedures.
- Provides physician identification numbers to all new physicians in the absence of staff.
- Performs ICD—CM coding of inpatients and outpatient medical records, in the absence of coding staff.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of inpatient and outpatient medical records, in the absence of the analysis staff.
- Participates in in-services and continuing education lectures and seminars.
- In the absence of the Director, attends department-head and divisional meetings and takes minutes.
- Ensures employees are scheduled and paid. Reviews and evaluates all requests for time off. Accurately completes and approves timecards. Monitors and evaluates department objectives to ensure that time off is used effectively in order to manage departmental work flow.
Minimum of two (2) years experience as Health Information Technician required.
Certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Bachelor’s degree as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) required.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please click here to apply online or call 570-341-4518 for more information.