Evangelical Community Hospital
Evangelical Community Hospital is a 132 bed, independent, non-denomination hospital located in the picturesque town of Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The surrounding community features numerous outdoor activities to enjoy along the Appalachian Mountains of northcentral PA, enriching cultural activities at Bucknell University and a vibrant downtown with Victorian charm. We are just a 3-hour drive from New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.
Quality healthcare to our community has been Evangelical Community Hospital’s mission since 1926. We have expanded with the growing needs of our community, providing comprehensive health services with high standards of quality and compassionate care. In addition to our main facility, we also have an employed multi-specialty provider group with over 215 care providers.
We are currently seeking a Billing and Coding Compliance Associate who will report directly to the Director of Professional Coding and Compliance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly communicate with leadership from all Medical Services Organization (EMSO) practice Offices (including Management and physicians) and Hospital based practices that perform professional coding.
- Collaborate with, Health Information Systems, Coding, Accounting, Patient Accounts, Compliance and Finance.
- Conduct the annual risk analysis and audit planning process for coding of professional services, in conjunction with the overall Hospital/EMSO Compliance program as maintained by the Evangelical Community Hospital Corporate Compliance Director.
- Successful completion of a formal education program such as RHIT, Nursing or Clinical Program, or Equivalent.
- Current CCS-P (AHIMA) or CPC (APCC) certification.
- Experience in auditing office encounters for ICD-10 and CPT correct code assignment and ensuring appropriate provider documentation to support billable services
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, PC applications such as Excel/Word; reimbursement regulations and CPT, ICD 10 and HCPS coding.
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting or with coding or medical records is preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If you share our vision for high quality service to our patients, visit our career page at: www.evanhospital.com/careers to learn more about this position, the hospital and community and to apply online.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/evangelical#/job/6506