Einstein Healthcare Network
Category: Full – Time | East Norriton
Job ID #: 22908
Employment Type: Full – Time
Location: Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
Weekends Required? No
Rotation Required? No
On-Call Required? No
Entity: Einstein Montgomery (EMCM)
Department: Health Information Mgt – MG
Biweekly Hours: 75
Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years
City: East Norriton
Zip Code: 19403
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Analyzes, abstracts and converts information from inpatient medical records into ICD-10CM and ICD-10PCS codes, assigning DRG classifications for appropriate hospital reimbursement
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- RHIT, RHIA or undergraduate degree preferred
- Courses in ICD-10CM and ICD-10 PCS, medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and the clinical disease process are required
- A minimum of two years of Inpatient coding/DRG experience using ICD-10CM and ICD-10 PCS or satisfactory performance as an Inpatient coder is required
- Ability to pass the coding examination.
- Familiarity with the multiple computer systems used in the HIMD. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Personal Computer basic skills preferred.
- CCS required
- Physical Requirements: Mainly sedentary with some light lifting of charts.
- Visual Requirements: Near vision and extensive exposure to VDT’s
- Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation and telephone communication
- Working Conditions: Office setting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.