Main Line Health
Main Line Health, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia’s most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research. Main Line Health has achieved numerous honors and awards and has been nationally recognized by Press Ganey, Truven Analytics, The Joint Commission and other health care ratings organizations for its high-quality patient care. We have received Magnet® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation’s highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care. At Main Line Health, we have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm
Why Work for Main Line Health?
We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
The two available schedules for this role are:
• Full time days, Sunday through Thursday
• Full time days, Tuesday through Saturday
Required to complete orientation/training period on site. Department located in Broomall/Newtown Square, PA.
The Coding Specialist II demonstrates working knowledge of coding guidelines. Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced coding environment. Possesses basic knowledge of revenue cycle. Understands the role of financial reports used to manage uncoded accounts. Demonstrates the ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion as assigned by coding supervisor.
• Assigns ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes according to the Official Guidelines for coding and reporting. (Including but not limited to AHA, AMA, AHIMA, CMS, NCHS, and MLHS specific guidelines).
• Adheres to HIM policies regarding diagnosis and procedure code assignment and abstraction.
• Accurately abstracts selected data elements from each record into the clinical management system to ensure the accuracy of various hospital databases.
• Informs management of any issues or concerns regarding documentation in the medical record.
• Collaborates with coding clerk and/or supervisor to ensure all cases are coded within timeframes specified in the Main Line Health guidelines.
• Maintains a coding compliance score of 92% to 95%.
• Maintains DRG and/or APC accuracy rate of 95% to 97%.
• Maintains established productivity standards. See HIM Policy 7.8 Coding Productivity Guidelines.
• Attends mandatory educational sessions and earns 10 continuing education credits per calendar year.
• Refers all coding/billing inquiries from internal or external sources to the coding supervisor.
• Retrieves medical records to be coded and abstracted from the processing shelves or other areas of the department and returns medical records to the proper areas on the processing shelves following coding and abstracting.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of basic coding courses from an AHIMA accredited program required. Associate Degree strongly preferred.
Licensures & Certifications: RHIT, or RHIA preferred. CCS or eligible.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience coding ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, and DRG and/or APC assignment required. Acute care facility experience preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.
Apply Online: https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers