Reading Health System
Be inspired to enhance patient outcomes, and advance your career at Reading Health System.
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for direction and operation of the RHPN coding education, review and procedural/surgical processes for outpatient and inpatient professional fee services. Key responsibilities include direct supervision of coding staff; assessment and maintenance of established quality and productivity performance; development and implementation of coding processes; and provider education/review to support accurate documentation, revenue cycle, reimbursement, and data analysis/reporting functions. You will also collaborate with HIM Coding/CDI teams to provide a team-centered process for clinical documentation/coding functions.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Health Information Management; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- AHIMA CCS or AAPC CPC certification; RHIA, RHIT, or RN preferred
- Management responsibility in a similar capacity with in-depth knowledge of professional coding services related to E/M, CPT 4 procedures, CCI edits, HCC, ICD-10-CM guidelines, and related revenue cycle/reimbursement methods
- Experience in provider coding/documentation education and training within a multi-specialty network
- Proven auditing and procedural coding skills for coding compliance
- Strong communication, analytical, and investigative skills to define issues, compile statistics, and perform required auditing to maintain coding data integrity
Advancing Health. Transforming Lives.
At Reading Health System, located in scenic Berks County, advancing the health and wellness of our community is our mission. More than 1,000 physicians and providers across 46 locations offer comprehensive care, ranging from prevention, screenings, and education, to the latest clinical services and treatments. Reading Hospital, our nationally recognized flagship institution and Magnet®-designated facility, has received the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award™ for four consecutive years (2014-2017). The hospital has served the local community since 1867 and in its current location since 1926.
Reading Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Submission: Apply Online:
Apply online and search via Requisition # 1698904