Allegheny Health Network
Must reside in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or West Virginia to be considered for remote employment. Upon applying and meeting qualifications, a recruiter will be in touch to further discuss application.
Performs thorough medical record review to abstract medical information and code diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD and CPT coding classification systems and encoder to meet financial, third party and federal/state regulatory standards.
- Reviews and interprets medical information, physician treatment plans, courses, and outcomes to determine appropriate ICD/CPT codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Abstracts data elements to satisfy statistical requests by the hospital, health system, medical staff, etc. and enters all coded/abstracted information into the hospital information system.
- Acts as a mentor for others. Ensures efficient management of medical information and cash flow as it pertains to the unbilled coding report.
- Keeps informed of the changes/updates in the ICD/CPT by attending appropriate training, reviewing coding clinics and other resources and implements these updates in their daily work.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Coder level 1 – 4
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of college level courses in anatomy and physiology and medical terminology.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPCH), Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCSP) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- Expertise in ICD and CPT coding and reporting guidelines.
- Minimum 4 years coding experience and cross trained in two of the following: inpatient, outpatient surgery/GI lab/bedded outpatients.
- Advanced encoder and computer skills.
- Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please use the link below to apply to all of our open Coding opportunities, we offer full time, part time and casual Coders.