Coding, CDI Coordinator
Why Redeemer Health?
- At Redeemer Health, you will experience:
A culture that inspires and motivates team members to provide a highly personalized experience for patients, residents, clients, families, volunteers, partners and co-workers.
- Dedication to established safety practices and standards to maintain a safe environment for all.
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits, including a 403B matching retirement program and comprehensive orientation and training programs.
- A commitment to employee health and well-being with our Healthy U! Program’s health and wellness activities, and opportunities aimed at stress reduction, balanced nutrition, physical activity, and preventive health behaviors.
- A collaborative work environment where all employees are comfortable sharing knowledge about situations, raising concerns and asking questions.
Facilitates Coding and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) activities by ensuring compliance with HIM Standards (coding and abstracting) along with providing necessary training to personnel. Performs administrative, operational and quality assurance functions to support the revenue cycle. Daily monitoring of operations along with collaboration of Mid-Cycle Revenue Specialists and other organizational departments to improve coding functionality as well as coordination with CDI activity. Evaluation of system utilization and reports to determine optimum output, improving both accuracy of final diagnosis code assignment and Final DRG.
The Coding, CDI Coordinator will build the bridge between the two functions and work with IT and the vendor to ensure optimum utilization of the tools that ultimately positively impact workflow from CDI to CODER favorably with utilization of tools to finalization of DRG.
There will be emphasis on maintenance of workflows, day to day performance of employees and driving productivity using time to output as a key metric, evaluation of processes for performance improvement; with overall improvement thru workshops, programs and exercises on areas of opportunity, lending to an environment of open communication, feedback, process improvement, to achieving both departmental and organizational goals.
CONNECTING TO MISSION: All individuals within the scope of their position are responsible to perform their job in light of the Mission & Values of the Health System. Regardless of the position, every job contributes to the challenge of providing health care. There is an ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Approach, Stewardship, and Collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and in the service we provide
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CCDS.
- 5 years experience leading a team, training, development of policies, procedures, auditing of outcomes.
- At least 3 years of medical appeals experience.
LICENSE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialists (CCS), Certified Clinical Documentation Specialists (CCDS)
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at www.redeemerhealth.org/careers and click on the Professional Job Category. You can also send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply Online: http://www.redeemerhealth.org/careers