Tower Health – Reading Hospital
West Reading, Pennsylvania
Be inspired to enhance patient outcomes, and advance your career at Tower Health.
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for direction and operation of the RHPN coding education, review and procedural/surgical processes for outpatient and inpatient professional fee services. Key responsibilities include direct supervision of coding staff; assessment and maintenance of established quality and productivity performance; development and implementation of coding processes; and provider education/review to support accurate documentation, revenue cycle, reimbursement, and data analysis/reporting functions. You will also collaborate with HIM Coding/CDI teams to provide a team-centered process for clinical documentation/coding functions.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Health Information Management; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- AHIMA CCS or AAPC CPC certification; RHIA, RHIT, or RN preferred
- Management responsibility in a similar capacity with in-depth knowledge of professional coding services related to E/M, CPT 4 procedures, CCI edits, HCC, ICD-10-CM guidelines, and related revenue cycle/reimbursement methods
- Experience in provider coding/documentation education and training within a multi-specialty network
- Proven auditing and procedural coding skills for coding compliance
- Strong communication, analytical, and investigative skills to define issues, compile statistics, and perform required auditing to maintain coding data integrity
Advancing Health. Transforming Lives.
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services across Eastern Pennsylvania. We bring together more than 11,000 dedicated team members, 2,000 nationally recognized physicians, specialists and providers across 65 convenient locations. Together, our six hospitals and other entities offer a full range of medical care to more than 2.5 million people. Here, we know that advancing the quality of care will transform the quality of life.
About Reading Hospital
Our nationally recognized flagship institution, Reading Hospital has served the local community since 1867. We’re a Magnet® designated facility with many specialties, a dedicated rehabilitation hospital and affiliated medical offices, all committed to delivering access to the region’s highest quality care, leading-edge technology and experienced medical professionals. Located in the friendly West Reading area, our main campus offers a variety of amenities that make working here every day a pleasure.
Tower Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V