CPHIMA Scholarship Application
Each year, the Central Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (CPHIMA) awards education scholarships to students in our region. CPHIMA recognizes the importance of HIM education and supports the development of students that have demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to the field of health information management.
As a recipient of the scholarship, you will have the opportunity to attend the December 2022 quarterly education session free of charge where you will be recognized for your accomplishments during the business meeting.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current member of CPHIMA. AHIMA membership is strongly encouraged.
- Currently enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited HIM or HIT program, AHIMA Independent Study Program (CPHIMA Residents Only), or graduate program in a field related to Health Information Management.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or 4.0 (out of 5.0)
- Term completion requirements
- Undergraduate: Completed three terms of study or over half of their curriculum (i.e. 30 credits in an Associate’s; 60 credits in a Bachelor’s).
- Graduate: Full-time: completed 1 term; Part-time: completed 2 terms
Documents to be completed by the student applicant:
- Online application
- Essay identifying personal career goals, commitment to HIM field
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of transcript (can be either official or non-official)
Application deadline is October 31, 2022.