The Director of Operations, Northeast Region is a regionally based role and is responsible for overseeing a geographical portion of MRO staffed sites to ensure that Release of Information (ROI) activities are compliant with established hospital policies, federal and state regulations and are completed in a timely and fiscally responsible manner per our contract with the client. This is a key client facing role and demands an individual with exceptional communication skills and an awareness that they are working for the industry leader in the ROI space.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management responsibility for a specific region for staffed site operations
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of individuals immediately reporting.
- Oversees and provide guidance to direct reports on employee and site performance.
- Leads the workflow activities among site employees to ensure maximum productivity and quality standards are met.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the MRO management team to ensure maximum efficiencies and client satisfaction at various locations.
- Promotes a positive self-image of MRO with emphasis on customer service. Responds to customer needs in a positive and efficient manner.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with MRO/customer policies and procedures as well as Federal/State law.
- Maintain on-boarding training program to ensure medical record staff understand proper processes and procedures.
- Monitors performance to provide performance feedback, measurements, and evaluations.
- Monitor profitability of site operations and make appropriate adjustments to achieve company goals.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans. Assist with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Plans.
- Review and approves expenses.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments to carry out responsibilities.
- Maintain budget controls for staffed site operations.
- Maintains positive client relations including regular meetings to review operational results and proactively seek process improvements.
- Participates in client QBR (Quarterly Business Reviews) as needed.
- Collaboratively work with department heads at National Service Center.
- Facilitate a positive work environment that drives reduced turnover.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Business Administration or health related field or equivalent experience is required. RHIT or RHIA preferred.
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience required in Release of Information (ROI) preferred.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel.
- Participative management type – advocates team concept.
- Demonstrated excellence in written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and broad knowledge of computer systems in health care and Health Information management strongly preferred.
- Regular travel required by air, land, or rail throughout the United States.