Capital Health is the region’s leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell) and the Capital Health – Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
Position is for remote coding following on-site training.
- Assigns codes accurately to diagnoses and procedures within the medical record to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Sequences codes accurately for proper and optimal DRG assignment.
- Queries physicians or hospital staff as needed to ensure proper assignment of codes.
- Abstracts data from the medical records and ensures that all required elements are appropriately entered into the hospital information system.
- Works with physicians or other staff to obtain missing documentation or signatures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- CCS and/or CPC-H certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Understanding of ICD-10 and CPT coding classifications.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/150003/
Equal opportunity employer.