Jewish Association on Aging
Full time position available in a progressive long term care facility in the Squirrel Hill/Homestead area. Position responsible for the overall function of the HIM department.
- To manage, coordinate, and direct various activities of the Health Information Management Department and serve as Corporate Compliance Officer, HIPAA Compliance Officer, and BIPA Appeal Coordinator.
- To plan, develop and administer comprehensive medical record systems and services in accordance to all regulatory agencies for the JAA continuum.
- To foster maintenance and use of medical records for resident care, quality improvement, professional, educational and administrative practices.
- To balance residents’ privacy rights and confidentiality of health information with legitimate uses of data.
- To continuously monitor and report health information as evidenced by its integrity, accuracy, consistency, reliability and validity.
- To continuously monitor and report the quality of health information as evidenced by its impact on the quality of health care delivery.
- To effectively communicate results to a department in a cooperative manner.
- To develop and enforce a compliance program that is designed to promote prevention, detection and resolution in areas of conduct.
Qualified applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, active accreditation through the AHIMA, and a minimum of 5 years experience in a health care environment. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications:
- As required; BA/BS preferred.
- Active accreditation through the American Health Information Management Association.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a health care environment.
- Knowledge of J.C.A.H.O. standards.
- Knowledge of both state and federal long term care regulations governing health information management.
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org