Full Time, Days
Capital Health is the region’s leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell) and the Capital Health – Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
- Reviews surgical documentation to assign accurate CPT-4 procedure codes and appropriate modifiers for procedures in the operating room, as well as complex procedures performed in a procedure room.
- Assigns primary and secondary ICD-10CM diagnosis codes.
- Analyzes provider documentation to ensure the appropriate Evaluation and Management codes are assigned.
- Ensures compliance with national coding guidelines and Capital Health’s policies for complete, accurate and consistent coding resulting in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity.
- Accurately applies official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of procedural and diagnostic codes.
- Reviews CCI edits, MUE edits, LCD and NCD coverage before chart finalization.
- Contacts and collaborates with appropriate personnel for documentation insufficiencies and to expedite resolution of accounts.
- Maintains level of expertise through continuing education. Maintains appropriate productivity levels.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based (CCS-P) or Certified General Surgery Coder (CGSC) preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- Two years of experience in a physician coding role with outpatient ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding.
- One year of surgical coding preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Certified General Surgery Coder (CGSC) preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
Equal opportunity employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/165695