Community College of Allegheny County
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Health Information Technology Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Department: Allied Health
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 26, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a regular full-time tenure-track 10 month position with benefits.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2113
Job Open Date: 3/9/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Requirements: Baccalaureate degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited institution, must be credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), must have a minimum of three years of documented recent practice experience in Health Information Management, two years of teaching experience, preferably in a community college setting, and knowledge of CAHIIM standards, accreditation processes and professional credentialing requirements. Knowledge of all domains of the Health Information Management profession including data content, structure and standards; information access, disclosure, privacy, and security; health information technologies; revenue management including ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT coding; compliance; leadership and medical terminology. Must be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and assessment of students. Applicants must have strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and technical proficiency with Health Information Management software, the Internet and Microsoft Office. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical affiliate sites.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
• The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
• Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
• Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
• Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
• Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
• Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
• Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
• Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
• Maintain five office hours each week.
• Support the college’s goals.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://www.ccac.edu/Human_Resources_Forms_and_Documents.aspx or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr selecting “HR Forms and Documents” from the left menu and locating the link named “CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: http://apptrkr.com/1188658
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.