Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19107
Job Type: 1300 MKT – Wanamaker Building Req ID: 28964
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the enterprise master patient index (EMPI) as well as promoting supportive relationships between the HIM department and the Medical and Nursing staffs regarding documentation compliance standards and chart completion. The incumbent will also assist families with chart amendment concerns. Qualitative and quantitative review of records and images will be performed to ensure compliance with established standards. Other responsibilities include monitoring of the transcription into Epic and verifying functional interfaces, including transcription and the scan links.
Required Education and Experience:
- Required Education: Bachelors of/in Health Information Management or related discipline.
- Required Experience: 3+ years progressive experience in Medical Records/HIM with consideration to chart completion, data integrity, and compliance.
- Required Certification: RHIA or RHIT
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic:
Preferred Education: Masters of/in Health Information Management or related discipline.
Additional Technical Requirements:
- Must be willing to attend Epic training
- Ability to work within a team and independently under varying degrees of supervision
- Ability to learn and navigate through electronic medical record, document imaging, and transcription systems.
- Experience with any of the following systems preferred: Epic, ChartMaxx and M Modal
- Understanding of clinical document types
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven problem solving, analytical thinking and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in personal organization and time management.
- Ability to work with all hospital personnel both positively and productively.
- Partners with providers to ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records and compiles monthly statistics pertaining to chart completion rates
- Monitors HIM Epic chart completion work queues and notifies providers when necessary.
- Works the Verbal orders queue to ensure timely completion.
- Audits documents that have been scanned into Epic and ChartMaxx to check legibility and correct placement.
- Processes Identity reports that are utilized in the maintenance of the Master Patient Index integrity – potential duplicates, Flag reports, etc.
- Accurately merges and verifies charts.
- Supports the chart amendment process based on CHOP and HIPAA policy.
- Places and resolves indicators on charts with possible duplicate medical records and marks Known Non Duplicates. Serves as a liaison between HIM, Patient Access, Care Networks, Clinical areas and IS to monitor and resolve patient medical record number issues.Provides appropriate updates to all downstream systems staff contacts.
- Works closely with IS support to resolve any HIM software issues.
- Understands and complies with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Supports the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store CHOP information.
- Supports all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
- Assists in department projects and initiatives as needed.