HIM ICD-10 Coder
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital (LBHH) is a newly opened (July 2018) 126-bed, inpatient psychiatric hospital and start-up joint venture between Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine and Universal Health Services.
In addition to a general adult unit and dedicated adolescent unit, the new facility will also offer services for treating those with co-occurring disorders on the psychiatric-medical unit, an intensive adult unit to care for those with severe conditions, as well as a women’s trauma unit.
HIM Coders are responsible for completing the following duties and tasks:
- Review medical records to abstract the proper admitting, principal and secondary diagnoses and ensure the codes are applied to the patient medical record for billing. Ability to navigate coding system(s), paper codebook and EMR in an efficient and effective manner.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations applied by State, Federal and other regulatory bodies regarding the coding process.
- Perform audit of coding quality as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date procedures based on coding clinics and webinars provided by UHS. Exhibits general knowledge of medical terminology.
- Provides queries to physicians when documentation is ambiguous, unclear, or otherwise unable to be determined.
- Assemble records and analyze them for completeness.
- Post High School Education with CCA, CSP, CCS-P, RHIT, or RHIA required.
- Work experience in Health Information Management and Microsoft Office applications.
What do our current staff value at LBHH?
- An environment that puts patient care first.
- One of the most rewarding aspects of working as an LBHH employee is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times.
- Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career.
- There are very robust continuing education options with LBHH.
- Supportive and responsive leadership.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
What’s in it for me?
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- Robust tuition reimbursement
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- An opportunity to make a difference every single da
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply online at Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital