We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Inpatient Coder at our corporate headquarters in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
The Inpatient Coder is responsible for reviewing multidisciplinary inpatient medical records and other health information to classify patient diagnoses and procedures by accurate ICD-10 codes and DRGs.
- The Inpatient Coder monitors compliance with documentation standards required for accurate and thorough coding.
- Investigates, evaluates and identifies opportunities for documentation improvement.
- Provides guidance to hospital CEOs, medical staff and others regarding compliant documentation practices required for accurate reimbursement and statistics.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC-H credentials are required.
- The right candidate will be experienced in ICD-10-CM diagnosis, procedure coding and DRG validation.
- Minimum one year experience with inpatient hospital medical records coding.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- This position has the potential to work remotely after meeting established criteria.
- CCS credentials
Select Medical understands that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
That’s why we strive to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance. Achieving that balance is important for you and the work you do, the patients you care for, and the coworkers, family and friends with whom you interact.
The following roster of amenities is our way of helping you achieve that right work-life balance.
- Paid time off
- Extended illness days
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health / Dental / Vision / Prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) plan
- Dependent care
Supporting Your Ongoing Growth and Development
- Nursing – new graduate programs
- Physical therapy – clinical internships
- Corporate – opportunities across various disciplines
- Continuing Education
- Associate to Bachelor degree in nursing programs
- APTA Accredited Residency Programs
- Clinical Education Programs
- Advanced Certification Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Instructions for Resume Submission: