Evangelical Community Hospital
Evangelical Community Hospital is a 132 bed, independent, non-denomination hospital located in the picturesque town of Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. The surrounding community features numerous outdoor activities to enjoy along the Appalachian Mountains of northcentral PA, enriching cultural activities at Bucknell University and a vibrant downtown with Victorian charm. We are just a 3-hour drive from New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.
Quality healthcare to our community has been Evangelical Community Hospital’s mission since 1926. We have expanded with the growing needs of our community, providing comprehensive health services with high standards of quality and compassionate care. In addition to our main facility, we also have an employed multi-specialty provider group with over 215 care providers.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Coding Services who will report directly to the Director of Health Information Services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operations of the coding functions of the hospital inpatient and outpatient and the EMSO professional services as they relate to the hospital.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of coding staff to ensure timely and accurate ICD-10-CM diagnostic coding and ICD-10-PCS and CPT/HCPS procedural coding.
- Maintain close working relationships with Revenue Integrity, Hospital Operations management, EMSO Operations Management, and Clinical Documentation Improvement.
- Serve as a resource to physicians and mid-level providers on documentation and coding requirements.
- Minimum of five years-experience with CPT/HCPCS coding, claims processing and/or data management. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the PPS and OPPS structure and regulatory requirements.
- Requires an RHIA or RHIT; CCS is preferred.
- Proficiency-based on past-experience in an acute care hospital with significant CPT and ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and CPT/HCPC’s coding experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the PPS and OPPS structure and regulatory requirements and a thorough knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If you share our vision for high quality service to our patients, visit our career page at www.evanhospital.com/careers to learn more about this position, the hospital, and community and to apply online. EOE
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/evangelical#/job/6921