UHS of Delaware
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.4 billion in 2019. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked # 281 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed # 27.5 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 90,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 328 behavioral health facilities, 42 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The UHS Corporate Business Office is hiring a Manager – Revenue Cycle – Coding Auditor/Educator to lead coding, auditing and education support of UHS Acute Care Coding departments. This position also evaluates the compliance of coding processes in accordance with AHIMA guidelines, regulatory guidance and program standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains a medical coding audit program, reviews standardized training and education plans, materials and improvement processes for UHS Acute Division
- Reviews and recommends changes to audit and education documents as needed to enhance the overall auditing and education process
- Provides corresponding communications and escalation of significant issues affecting coding, status of projects, barriers and successes
- Effectively resolves coding inquiry issues through participation serving as the Acute Division coding resource to coders
- Assumes a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and leading best practice identification within coding operations and among peer group
- Develops and oversees coding education and training, performance review process for all direct and indirect reports
- Works in collaboration with the CBO on coding/documentation denials. Reviews enterprise coding/documentation denials for trends. Develops process improvement and education to resolve denial issues
Bachelor’s degree 5- 8 years’ experience in an acute hospital coding/billing role.
- This position requires extensive knowledge of coding guidelines (ICD10CM, ICD10, PCS, and CPT-4), operations and billing
- Must maintain an understanding of the NCCI, DRG/APC payment classifications
- Must be knowledgeable about Medicare, other governmental regulations and various healthcare industry trends and regulations
- Must have a proven record of identifying process improvement opportunities and proven training skills
- Proficiency with 3M, Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage large scale projects
- Travel up to 15%
This opportunity provides a rewarding career, challenging and rewarding work environment as well as growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries, including competitive compensation, excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan, and 401k with company match.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Apply Online: https://jobs.uhsinc.com/corporate/jobs/65718?lang=en-us