Thomas Jefferson University
Thomas Jefferson University, a growing leader in interprofessional, experiential, and professional education, is seeking a Program Coordinator to oversee and monitor the delivery of curricula in Medical Coding and Data Quality Program in the Jefferson College of Health Professions. This is a key position which helps ensure that the program is future thinking and in alignment with professional standards and accreditation requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating tracking systems to monitor progress of new programs relating to Medical Coding, Data Quality, HIM, and Data Science
- Ensuring that the Medical Coding & Data Quality program is in alignment with AHIMA approval standards
- Overseeing recruitment and marketing for information sessions, enrollment, matriculation, and scheduling for programs and conferral/graduation
- Assisting in the development of quality clinical practicum experiences and course evaluation processes
- Serving as principal liaison between students, faculty, and staff, other departments, and/or external constituencies on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative issues; facilitating seminars, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution
- Writing, editing, and coordinating development of course catalogs, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures
- Teaching 2-3 courses per year in the programs based on departmental needs.
Requirements include Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Master’s preferred), and a minimum of 5 years of related supervisory experience in Medical Coding & Data Quality educational field which includes a minimum of 2 years’ experience of teaching, curriculum and program development (preferred), and higher education administration and program oversight. AHIMA and RHIT certifications required; RHIA preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and generous comprehensive benefits. To be considered please apply online at: https://recruit.jefferson.edu, Job ID #9215594
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kgdmf692s6nbp9qv