Kane Community Living Centers
Position Summary: The incumbent will supervise the medical records departments at 4 Centers and provide maintenance of, and access to, resident’s medical records. Work is performed in accordance with Federal, State and local guidelines and HIPAA.
- Supervises, directs, delegates, and coordinates the activities of staff in the medical records department.
- Schedules time, vacations, and holidays in accordance with ½1th established work schedules.
- Assists practitioners in the random sampling of clinical records so the practitioner can determine if the clinical records are complete, readily accessible, and systematically organized to facilitate the retrieval and compilation of information.
- Assures that clinical records are maintained in accordance with accepted professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assures that confidentiality of clinical records is protected through written consent of the resident or designated agent acting on behalf of the resident prior to the release of information; notifies administration and follows procedure in the event of receipt of a subpoena.
- Assures that clinical records are protected against loss, destruction, or unauthorized use.
- Monitors compliance of staff to assure that the essential, regulatory duties are performed on a qua1ter]y basis.
- Conducts follow-up to ensure the timely completion of clinical records, and that records are completed within 30 days of discharge.
- Performs related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
Minimum Requirements – An Associate’s degree in Health Information Management AND two (2) years of experience in medical records depa1tment of a health care facility. Candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position.
Residency – Allegheny County within 1 year.
Veterans’ Preference – Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
An associates degree in Health Information Management
Knowledge of: Supervisory principles and practices, rules, regulations, laws, and guidelines governing the maintenance and release of medical record information, including HIPAA
- Communicate well orally and in Vriting, assign and schedule staff in accordance with agency needs.
- Relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotional1y upset people within a long-term care facility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers,
residents, family members, and the general public.
- Work independently and with residents, their family members, personnel, and
An Associate’s degree in Health Information Management AND two (2) years of experience in medical records department of a health care facility.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position.
Click here for more benefits information
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please use the online link provided – candidates must submit an application through our county website in order to be considered