PHIMA Credentialed (RHIA/RHIT) Exam Reimbursement
PHIMA is offering support* to any PHIMA member who has successfully graduated in good standing AND successfully passed the RHIA/RHIT credentials exam within this past fiscal year. We as an association strongly feel taking the RHIT/RHIA exam demonstrates a commitment to the field of Health Information Management.
*The funding for this support will be based on budget availability and approval by the Executive Board on a yearly basis. If approved, applications will be processed ONCE A YEAR at the end of the fiscal year (June 30th).
All applications are due to PHIMA no later than May 31st of each year.
* Please allow 3-5 weeks for payment after the application is approved and processed.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- PHIMA member that has passed the RHIT or RHIA exam within one year post graduation.
- The applicant must have graduated from an AHIMA approved HIM or HIT Program including the Independent Study Program or a graduate program in a field related to Health Information Management.
Current member of AHIMA and designate Pennsylvania as your Component State Association (CSA) with dues paid in full.
Several documents must be submitted for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement application (below)
- Copy of the exam certificate
- Copy of a passing certificate from an approved HIT/HIM program including the Independent Study Program or a graduating program in a field related to Health Information.
Attention: Linda McLinden, RHIA
P.O. Box 3512
Allentown, PA 18106