The Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (PHIMA) has a long history of awarding scholarships to students who demonstrate academic achievement and commitment to the field of Health Information Management (HIM) in Pennsylvania. PHIMA recognizes that promoting education and recruitment of students are critical success factors for the HIM profession.
The PHIMA Board of Directors is pleased to be continuing the scholarship program for 2017-2018. The recipient of the scholarship will be recognized for his/her accomplishments and receive the award at a luncheon in May, 2018, during the PHIMA Annual Meeting.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Current enrollment in an accredited HIM program, HIT program, AHIMA Independent Study Program (PA Residents Only), or graduate program in a field related to HIM
- Current member of AHIMA with Pennsylvania designated as his/her Component State Association (CSA)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3.
Several documents must be completed and submitted to be considered for the scholarship. These documents include:
- Online application
- Two references/recommendations
- Copy of a recent transcript of academic credits
The PHIMA Student Scholarship application must be completed on-line.
References/recommendations and recent transcript should be submitted with the online application and must be received by March 10, 2018.
The awardee will be notified by April 14, 2018.
For questions, please contact:
Lisa Hershey, RHIA
PHIMA 1st Year Director
Phone: (717) 575-0094
PHIMA looks forward to student participation in this exciting opportunity!