The PHIMA Student Liaison position is designed to engage Pennsylvania HIM students in the value of volunteerism and professionalism. You will gain invaluable knowledge of the PHIMA Board process and volunteer experience. You will also grow in professionalism, communication and knowledge of HIM. This is a great opportunity for you to showcase yourself as a young professional, meet current Board members, build your resume and get involved in the Association!
To be eligible to serve as the PHIMA Student Liaison, you must be:
- A full-time student in a PHIMA CAHIIM accredited health information program at the time of this application.
- An active student member in good standing of AHIMA and must have selected PHIMA for your component association membership.
- Available to attend a minimum of two (2) Board of Directors meetings.
- Attend a minimum of two (2) regional association meetings (in your area).
- Submit a quarterly progress report to the Executive Director at least one week prior to the Board of Directors meeting.
For your commitment, student liaisons:
- Invaluable knowledge of the PHIMA Board process and volunteer experience;
- The opportunity to become acquainted with and network with top leadership in the association and possible future employers;
- Growth in professionalism, communication, knowledge of HIM and project management skills;
- Respect and recognition among PHIMA professionals;
- Opportunity to meet interesting speakers and interact with exhibitors at events;
- Specialized task assignments that not only support PHIMA, but also build up your portfolio and resume.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact PHIMA 1st Year Director Meloney L. Mantsch, MS, RHIA, at email@example.com.