Penn State Health
Serves as the key medical staff representative to and for the hospital documentation improvement initiative. Provides strong support for documentation accuracy and completion among medical staff along with assistance from documentation specialists and coding staff.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position’s responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
- Medical degree – M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited residency program required.
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania required.
- Board certification/eligibility in field required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership qualities including the ability to motivate, teach, and facilitate individuals and groups, including peers.
- Positive professional relations with peers, has the respect and support of the medical staff.
- Ability to deal objectively and fairly with controversial issues; diplomatic, tactful communication style.
- Willingness to listen to physician challenges and grievances related to documentation and devise systemic solutions to common problems.
- Working knowledge of Medicare inpatient reimbursement and coding structures desired.
- Willingness to attend conferences, webinars and ongoing education in the field of clinical documentation.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please contact Jessica Mullany at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Apply Online: http://tinyurl.com/y23q6wme