Capital Health is the region’s leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell) and the Capital Health – Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
- Audits medical record documentation for accurate assignment of diagnosis, current procedural terminology and evaluation and management codes. Researches coding and reimbursement issues and reports findings to management, physicians and staff.
- Provides ongoing education to physicians and LIPs on documentation requirments for accurate code assignments. Works with supervisor for any training-related questions.
- Performs internal quality assessment reviews on physician (professional) coding to ensure compliance with national coding guidelines and Capitalh Health’s policies for complete, accurate and consistent coding that results in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity.
- Assists with preparation and presentation of monitoring results for review with physicians and hospital leadership.
- Attends hospital and medical staff meetings to respond to documentation-related issues. Provides support for coding provider-based billing-related claims, which includes coding professional fees.
- Facilitates change processes required to capture needed documentation, such as forms design.
- Assists in appeals process resulting from third-party reviews.
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Management.
- RHIT and Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based (CCS-P) required.
- Physician coding and training certification.
- Three years of supervisory experience. Physician coding and auditing experience preferred. Professional-fee coding a plus.
- CPC or CCS required; RHIA or RHIT preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology and disease processes.
- Strong knowledge of industry guidelines and laws for physician coding and reimbursement. Possesses research and analysis skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or pathophysiology knowledge.
- Ability to develop, implement, deliver and assess coding education plans using a variety of methods to individual providers or provider groups.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/165696
Equal opportunity employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/165696