I am so honored to be your President for the upcoming year. If you are like me this time of year brings a lot of change and renewal. For many it is the start of a new school year (personally, I can’t believe I have one entering high school, one in fifth grade and the youngest still in preschool!)
For others it is the transition to fall with cooler days, crisp nights, football, and pumpkin everything! Professionally, it means the start of a new fiscal year, which for many of us means goal setting, planning, and the like. For CPHIMA, it means an exciting new year of preparing educational sessions for our membership and other opportunities for learning and networking. The Board has been very busy working on the arrangements for our upcoming meetings in order to bring you quality and meaningful learning and professional development sessions. We are also actively working on our strategic plan goals and objectives, including, but not limited to, sustaining and building the profession, expansion of CPHIMA membership, advocacy efforts locally and at the state level, supporting AHIMA’s initiatives, and providing student mentorship and scholarship opportunities.
We could not do this without the dedication and commitment of our Board who volunteer their precious time to make this a reality. If you happen to know any of these fabulous individuals please take a moment out of your day to thank them for all their hard work! Some of these folks have taken on a new role, are fulfilling a second term, or are brand new to the Board all together.
I would like to take a moment to recognize your FY19-20 Board of Directors:
- Erin Spohn, President
- Tami Bowman, President-Elect
- Dorothy Rish, Past President
- Diana Kopriva, Secretary
- Stacey Nolte, Treasurer
- Stacey Huling, Director
- Teri Sipe & Faith Zeigler, Program Director Chair & Co-Chair
- Lori Genovese, Arrangements Chair
- Denise Wilson, Arrangements Co-chair & Nominating Chair
- Karen Tinney, Bylaws Chair
- Patricia Ortiz-Nieves, Membership Chair
- Pat Swetland, Public Relations
- Michelle Charette, Website Chair
Please mark your calendars for the upcoming education session on September 20, 2019 in Lancaster, PA. The session will be held at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Suburban Pavilion, 2100 Harrisburg Pike. Registration information will be out shortly. All day participants will earn 5 CEUs and the session will run from 8 am – 3:30 pm. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Speakers and topics include:
- George P. Margeta, DO, Orthopaedic Surgeon, OSS (Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement Surgery: From diagnosis to treatment and surgery)
- Cesar Velasco, RN, Stroke Coordinator, Penn State Health (Stroke Program)
- Laurie Johnson, MS, RHIA, FAHIMA, Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC (IPPS, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS Updates)
Additional Upcoming Educational Opportunities
- Friday, December 20, 2019, Heritage Hills York
- Friday, June 19, 2019, Location TBD
- PHIMA Annual Conference will be April 27-28, 2020 at the Wyndham Lancaster Resort.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your President and look forward to seeing you at future meetings!