Program Director, Medical Billing & Coding
Delaware County Community College
Delaware County Community College invites application for a Program Director, Medical Billing & Coding in our Allied Health & Nursing division.
The MCB Program Director is responsible for leveraging their expertise to develop, maintain, and deliver education services to students thru creating and maintaining core curriculum, ensuring delivery of core curriculum, preparing course plans and material, supervising staff and accreditation of the MCB Program. The MCB PD will also ensure continues compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional accreditation agencies related to standards of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the Health Studies students to design, develop, implement, and monitor curriculum planning along with advising. This candidate should be willing to participate in active service to the department, the division, and the College, and must be committed to achieving academic excellence, valuing and appreciating diversity, and fostering a spirit of collaboration.
Position open until filled.
- Participate effectively in the program/course assessment process.
- Collaborate with faculty members in revision/updates to courses and course materials.
- Conduct Faculty meetings for full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Evaluate student performance and achievement of outcomes per accreditation standards.
- Participate in department activities including faculty meetings, curriculum development and evaluation discussions, and annual report and accreditation activities.
- Participate in the College’s Advisory System and serve on college committees.
- Collaborate with tutoring services to ensure tutoring opportunities for students.
- Serve on “Ad Hoc” committees as appropriate
- Collaborate with Dean on program budget as appropriate.
- Represent the College/department in community events.
- Host Advisory Board meeting and follow up yearly with members.
- Collaborate with the student employment services as appropriate.
- Knowledge of ICD -10 content.
- Assist with collection of program surveys as needed for accreditation.
- Assorted duties as needed by the division.
- Assist with Allied Health students with advising and educational career pathways in the Health studies pathway
- Monitor and track retention of students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the division.
Candidate must have an AHIMA credential of CCS-P, CCS, RHIA or RHIT. Experience with AHIMA accreditation is preferred. Preference is for a minimum of three years administrative experience in a professional or an academic setting. Commitment to excellence as well as evidence of a thorough understanding of AHIMA criteria.
Minimum of an Associate degree in Allied Health or related field; Bachelor degree preferred
DCCC offers a great competitive salary, with an outstanding benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug for all benefit-eligible employees; College Paid Disability and Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) Defined Contribution Retirement Plans (5% Employee Mandatory Contribution and a 10% Match by the College); Generous PTO, Holiday and Winter Break Schedule; Tuition Waiver & Tuition Reimbursement; and a Compressed Four (4) Day Work Week Each Summer; Professional Development Opportunities; and a Supportive Work/Life Balance Campus Environment.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Background Clearances: Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background History, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance); Verification of educational credentials
Complete applications must have: –
- A cover letter stating your interest in this position
- An up-to-date copy of your resume/CV
- The phone number and email address of three references (Please include your current/most recent Supervisor)
Please note: All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition to employment and DCCC will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
For immediate consideration, interested candidates can apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/dccc.
Please be advised that as of January 1, 2022, DCCC will require proof of COVID vaccination for all students, faculty, and staff. Individual exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case-specific basis.
DCCC is an equal employment opportunity employer, valuing diversity, equity and inclusion.
Apply Online: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/dccc