Penn State Health – Hershey Medical Center
This position is responsible for the design, collection, reporting and analysis of various clinical (EHR and other clinical
applications) and operational data sets (ex: claims, CMS/TJC, eCQMs, NSQIP, GWTG, etc). Responsible for supporting
clinical decision making through established teams and the analysis of relevant clinical and benchmarking data as well as
reporting to federal and state agencies to qualify for incentive programs.
- Interpret and analyze EHR documentation and extrapolate pertinent health information needed for determining clinical quality
measures as required.
- Support management, clinical staff, IT, and quality teams with information for decision making thru display of data (ie, charts,
graphs, spreadsheets, run charts, etc), analysis of data for trends and improvement opportunities, interpretation of guidelines, and
development of other training tools.
- Serve as the data expert for the clinical areas of focus and provide education on a regular basis.
- Design of data collection tools/dictionaries when not supported by other software.
- Assist the institution achieve targets for key metrics by providing physician/staff training, ideas for process redesign and
- Assist with the development of appropriate strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful compliance. Provide
end-user education and training on areas required by regulations/registry.
- Skilled in working with electronic medical records/computer systems and related software applications.
- Ability to translate EHR data into meaningful data outcomes required.
- Advanced computer and internet skills required, including familiarity and comfort with MS Office products is essential for success
in this position.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing required.
- Ability to evaluate and present data to other professionals, including physicians, in a clear concise manner required.
- Knowledgeable of hospital systems and workflow required
- Proven experience prioritizing performance improvement efforts required
- Microsoft Access experience preferred. LPN, RHIT, RHIA, CHDA preferred.
- Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience preferred.
- Basic statistical knowledge preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years of clinical chart review and abstraction experience required or an equivalent combination of
education and experience is required.
This position works remotely from home but must be within a 2 hour travel distance for on-site team meetings in Hershey PA
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Select “Careers” then “For External Candidates” then enter key word: Quality
Apply Online: http://hmc.pennstatehealth.org