CPHIMA Scholarship Application
Each year the Central Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (CPHIMA) awards education scholarships to students in our region. CPHIMA recognizes the importance of HIM education and supports the development of students that have demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to the field of health information management. As a recipient of the scholarship, you will have the opportunity to attend the December quarterly education session free of charge where you will be recognized for your accomplishments during the business meeting.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current member of AHIMA and CPHIMA
- Currently enrolled in a CAHIMA accredited HIM or HIT program, AHIMA Independent Study Program (PA Residents Only), or graduate program in a field related to Health Information Management
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or 4.0 (out of 5.0)
- Completed three terms of study or over half of their curriculum (i.e. 30 credits in an Associate’s; 60 credits in a Bachelor’s).
Documents to be completed by the student applicant:
- Online application
- Essay identifying personal career goals, commitment to HIM field and financial need
- One letter of recommendation
Please use the following link to apply for the scholarship and be prepared to submit the required supporting documentation.