Northeast Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (NEPHIMA)
Welcome to the Northeast Pennsylvania Health Information Management website.
The Northeast Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (NePHIMA) will award an education scholarship to students/adults who demonstrate a desire and commitment to the field of health information management in Pennsylvania. NePHIMA promotes education and recruitment of new Health Information Management Professionals as critical success factors for the profession. As a recipient of the scholarship, you will have the opportunity to be recognized at the NePHIMA Quarterly Meeting held in June, during a luncheon for your accomplishments, along with receiving a $500 scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements
- Live in the Northeastern part of Pennsylvania,
- Be a Senior high school student or an adult interested in a career in a Health Information Management field, and
- Enrolled or enrolling in an accredited HIM program, HIT program, AHIMA Independent Study Program (PA Residents Only), or graduate program in a field related to Health Information Management (If you are not yet enrolled in a program, the scholarship dollars will be held until proof of enrollment is obtained.)
Several documents need to be included when applying for the scholarship. These documents include;
- Two references/recommendations
- Proof of enrollment in a HIM program
- Most recent high school report card
All scholarship applications must be received by March 29th.
Please mail all documents to:
Kathy Arner, RHIT, CCS, CPC, LPN, MCS, CPMA