Student Scholarship Opportunity from PHIMA
The Pennsylvania Health Information Management Association (PHIMA) has a long history of awarding scholarships to students who demonstrate academic achievement and commitment to the field of Health Information Management (HIM) in Pennsylvania. PHIMA recognizes that promoting education and recruitment of students are critical success factors for the HIM profession.
The PHIMA Board of Directors is pleased to be continuing the scholarship program for 2021-2022. The recipient of the scholarship will be recognized for his/her accomplishments and receive the award at a luncheon on Monday, April 25, 2022, during the PHIMA Annual Conference.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Current enrollment in an accredited HIM program, HIT program, AHIMA Independent Study Program (PA Residents Only), or graduate program in a field related to HIM
- Current member of AHIMA with Pennsylvania designated as his/her Component State Association (CSA)
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.3.
Several documents must be completed and submitted to be considered for the scholarship. These documents include:
- Online application
- Two references/recommendations
- Copy of a recent transcript of academic credits
The PHIMA Student Scholarship application must be completed online. References/recommendations and recent transcript should be submitted with the online application and must be received by February 25, 2022. The awardee will be notified by March 25, 2022.
For questions, please contact:
Diane M. Kolodinsky
PHIMA 1st Year Director
PHIMA looks forward to student participation in this exciting opportunity!