Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
Hours: Full Time
Plans, organizes, and supervises the Clinical Coding area of the Health Information Management (HIM) Department at Lancaster General Health (LG Health). Ensures timely and accurate distribution of quality reports and revenue metrics. Provides staff with reports to assure data integrity for appropriate reimbursement, compliance with regulations and data used for clinical care analysis, physician profiling, and case mix analysis. Reports directly to and works closely to the Manager, Clinical Coding to ensure compliance with Official Coding Guidelines and Federal and State regulations related mostly to coding and reimbursement.
- Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervises the clinical coders in HIM by directing productivity and staffing, maintaining performance standards, and monitoring of aggregate reporting and revenue metrics of the clinical coding area.
- Develops and maintains performance improvement and productivity monitoring procedures.
- Develops, communicates, and implements changes to coding-related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Official Coding Guidelines and regulatory requirements related to coding and reimbursement.
- Conducts focus reviews to ensure consistency with compliant clinical coding.
- Provides customer service oriented relationship with the Medical and Dental Staff, Patient Financial, and other departments.
- Assists in the professional growth and development of clinical coding staff through participation in education programs, current electronic resources, and workshops.
- Provides informal education and training on continuous improvement and Lean Management System methodology and tools.
- Participates and contributes to various task forces, committees, etc. providing expertise in discussions that pertain to coding and reimbursement..
- Develops and provides weekly departmental graphs based on HIM Coding Manager data.
- Monitors and works with Coordinators for continuous improvement of department Work queues.
- Coordinates relationships and projects with other departments to sustain department goals.
- Schedules consistent one-to-one meetings with coders on a quarterly basis to discuss and review performance.
- Provides system support for 3M Computer Assisted Coding encoding software and serves as a System Administrator for encoding software.
- Organizes and maintains departmental resource materials, assuring that information is easily accessible to staff.
- Calculates staff productivity, providing information to Manager for PMP and other projects as needed.
- Coordinates staff assignments, scheduling and meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding principles/guidelines.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in MS-DRG assignment/analysis and/or CPT coding principles/guidelines.
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or AAPC Certifications (CPC, COC).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Management with certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology with certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
One (1) year experience in instructional/training skills.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Formal education in ICD-10-CM/PCS coding, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Apply Online: https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/