There’s a reason we believe that America is watching Geisinger. Geisinger is one of the nation’s largest health service organizations. We are dedicated to setting the standard for evidence-based care delivery and pursuing innovative new approaches to predictive precision medicine, such as our MyCode® genomic research initiative. Whether you prefer working in a busy urban center, a suburban area or a small-town setting, Geisinger has clinical and nonclinical positions open throughout our system. With 12 physician-led hospital campuses to staff throughout Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey, we offer a wide range of positions, a competitive, pay-for-performance salary structure and healthcare benefits from day one, including those for vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
Location: Enterprise Way
Work Schedule: Days
Work Type: FULL TIME
With the Director of HIM, oversees operations of the Health Information Management departments at GCMC and GWV including scanning, record analysis and completion, record retrieval and HIM PHC4 submission.
Oversees and coordinates services to the off-site HIM location.
Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Geisinger Health System in its efforts to provide quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
Works under the general supervision of the Director of HIM
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts interviews and hires personnel for positions within areas of responsibility.
- Conducts, if necessary, disciplinary action. Coordinates, if appropriate, disciplinary actions with Department Director, AVP and Human Resource representative.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations with staff.
- Coordinates orientation program for new provider hires.
- Works with staff to determine appropriate work assignments in view of volume and type of work waiting to be completed.
- Coordinates with Team Leader to ensure schedules, procedures, quality, and monitoring are current.
- Monitors incomplete medical records and works with medical staff, and operations managers to secure completion of records.
- Monitors operations to provide staff information and aid in understanding of regulatory requirements and GCMC and GWV policies.
- Promotes teaming among departmental personnel.
- Develops quality improvements indicators of areas of responsibility.
- Determines capital equipment and operating needs. Prepares this information for inclusion in budget development.
- Coordinates request to unlock encounters in EpicCare.
- Conducts regular Department meetings with two way communication with staff.
- Maintains communication with HIM Director concerning status of areas of responsibility.
- Effectively provides oral and written instructions, direction, procedures, etc to personnel within areas of responsibility.
- Represents the department on the Forms Subcommittee.
- Represents areas of responsibility at the Medical Record and Procedure Committee.
- Participates in various survey processes such as Pennsylvania Department of Health licensure survey, and JCAHO
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Maintains confidentiality of medical records and works with department personnel to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates office related computer skills, including Microsoft Word, email, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- R.H.I.A. or R.H.I.T, credential required
- Minimum of three years of experience with inpatient medical record processing required.
- Previous Supervisory or Team Leader experience required.
- Experience with Joint Commission, and Pennsylvania Department of Health preferred.
- Experience with EpicCare and SoftMed preferred.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or follow the latest Geisinger news and more on Twitter and Facebook.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mpcth5ghfyhh2h4k