Health Information Alliance, Inc.
Role and Responsibilities:
Health Information Alliance, Inc. is looking for experienced, passionate trauma registrars committed to abstracting high quality, standardized trauma data to join our growing trauma registry division. Part-time remote contract positions are in demand. Trauma centers and, more importantly, their trauma patients rely on high-quality trauma data. It is the trauma registrar who is on the frontline of high-quality trauma data abstraction.
- Abstracts physiological and anatomical data on trauma patients for inclusion into a trauma data collection system
- Performs identification, prioritization and injury coding of trauma patients for inclusion into a trauma data collection system
- Performs duties to support the abstraction of quality trauma data for use locally, statewide and nationally
- Performs other trauma registry duties as may be required per the contract
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains confidentiality and security of patient data at all times
- Abstracts data from the medical record according to the requirements of the hospital, state and national trauma registry data definitions including demographic ∙characteristics, pre-hospital information, initial hospital treatment, operating room usage, outcome and final disposition.
- Participates in periodic quality reviews
- Interacts in a positive manner with client(s)
- Remotely accesses electronic health records and trauma data collection systems
Working Condition and Physical Demand:
- Work is typically performed in a home office environment.
The specific statements shown in this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Competencies and Skills:
- Must have completed coursework in physiology, anatomy and medical terminology
- Must have the ability to code in ICD-10-CM specific to injuries and mechanism of injuries
- Must have the ability to code in ICD-10-PCS
- Must have the ability to assign severity of injury utilizing the AAAM Abbreviated Injury Scale
- Must be able to analyze and process detail-oriented information
- Must be able to read and understand data definitions using a standard data dictionary
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must be very comfortable working with technology and personal computer
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of trauma registry experience required
- Must have experience with electronic health records
- Must have experience with NTDS trauma data definitions
- Must have CSTR or CAISS
- Must have experience with one or more trauma data collection systems (e.g. DI COLLECTOR, Trauma-One, Trauma Base, etc.)
- RHIA, RHIT, RN, LPN Preferred
- Experience abstracting trauma data for pediatric and/or ABA burn patients is desired
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please go to the following link to submit your resume.